Posts I Will Write At Some Point

  • -Women's pants (yes, this is related to teaching)
  • County vs. township school districting
  • teachers are aliens from mars (or, "you eat lunch?")
  • Urban appendices to management books
  • Cultural differences in discipline
  • Ruby Payne's "A Framework for Understanding Poverty"

Monday, December 15, 2008

You Know #2

You know* you are a primary teacher when you find yourself picking up pencils out of the dust swept up by the custodian.
...and they're not even very good pencils.

*Yes, I know this is still not a blog post. Grades are in; however, now my CSAP** paperwork is late. One day I will be done with all this stupid paperwork... however, this will probably be the day I retire.

**CSAP=Comprehensive Student Assistance Process. Essentially, the process by which the school district avoids giving students the extra assistance they need, by attempting to prove that it's all their teachers' fault.

No comments: